Wonder Woman Movie Review (Spoilers)


I'll be honest I didn't know much about Wonder Woman (to be specific, her origin story) I was more knowledgeable about Superman, Batman, Green Lantern and all other "man" heroes and my favourite DCEU hero is the Flash, all along I thought Diana just had the same powers as Superman and it kinda send me off from being a Wonder Woman fan and let's be real the name "Wonder Woman" is like a cliche, so to cut the story short I wasn't really a big fan of her coz I thought she was just a rip off from Superman's character. So the latest Wonder Woman movie really caught me off guard, a lot of people might have known that about her already but I didn't.

Last Thursday night (First screening day of the movie), I decided I really wanted to watch the movie since I've read a lot of good reviews about the movie (it got 98% from "the" Rotten Tomatoes). I watched it with a friend and the movie was as good as my company, he was really giving in lending an ear in all of my blabbering about how good the movie really was.

Like what I said earlier I didn't know the origin story of Diana Prince or Wonder Woman, So everything in the movie was a revelation to me. Over-all it was really a great movie most specially in portraying how a woman can be as strong and as fierce as men.

The most important thing about this blog is my take home from the movie aside from having fun of course. The movie started in the vibrant home of Diana which was Themyscira, the shots of the place showed how peaceful and disciplined the people are and how deeply connected they are to their roots and culture. Their warriors was determined to train hard for the sake of peace and Diana saw that, She grew up always wanting to bring peace to people who can't defend themselves from Ares, the god of war. Though Diana knew exactly what she wants she never really understood who she was, mainly because her mum robbed Diana's identity to save her but Diana knew she was called far more greater things than being a princess that's why she left Themyscira to fight of what she believes in, that she needs to protect and save the world from the corruption of Ares. Then the movie changes it scene to a smoggy, gray, and depressing view of London. The scene was during the World War I. There was a war going on and it showed what deprivation the people went through. Diana was so determined to help them so when Steve Trevor tried to talk her out about going to war they could never win because some wars are just not for them to win because it's impossible, Diana refused to believe in it, instead she placed on her Amazon Warrior face and went on the battlefield alone and this was the point in the movie where she fully devoted herself as the "Wonder Woman". Gal Gadot really did give this scene some justice, I never felt more proud to be a girl. This scene showed that women can be as strong and fierce as men at the same time be a person of innocence and love. She led the soldiers in the battlefield compared to the General who just sat behind his table ordering people what to do and she even called the general a coward. She was headstrong but despite being tough and strong she has the biggest heart. She made her self vulnerable by caring about people and letting herself feel and this made her find her purpose.

I like how the scenes transitioned from vibrant Themyscira to deep blue depressing London tho both places have different atmosphere both goes through different battles hence why I like one of the lines in the movie, "We all have our own battles to fight". I couldn't agree more in this line we all have our own demons to slay, Yes Ares placed that envious and cruel culture in those people's heart but all he did was constantly make people think that it's in their nature and like they don't have a choice but to believe that Ares is right but they we always have a choice Diana had a choice not to care but she did, not because she's Wonder Woman but she slayed her own demon to help people but redemption works both ways, each and everyone has their own battles and own demons to slay and you always have a choice.

Comments

Popular Posts