Happy Mum's Day!

my mum is more than a fearless woman, more than a superwoman, my mum is my life. we may not see everything eye to eye but she's one of a kind. we love her through thick and bones, and no matter what we know she'll always be a mum to us, a mum that won't give us what we want but what we need, she gives us no judgement in whatever we do but she keeps on reminding us that there will be consequences on what we do in life, good or bad, she let us learn the lessons the hard a way, that what makes her our supermum, and that's why we owe everything to her. and she deserves all the love in the world. happy mum's day Mum!

so my sister and i decided to surprise my mum, but the night before mother's day we had a family gathering at my cousin's house, and my family decided to celebrate mother's day at my gradmum's house which is a 3-4 hour drive, which means we have to leave early on a Sunday (which was mother's day) so my sister and i decided to make the breakfast since my mum is the one who patiently does that every fucking morning, so a little sacrifice of waking up early at 5:30 in the morning to prepare everything before going on a trip. so i decided not to sleep but i felt tired at around 5 so i decided to take a nap and the next thing i know my mum was waking me up coz it was time to go, so the surprise was a bummer. a really big fail! so just when i closed my eyes my mum woke me up so i got up and dressed up.

i was asleep in the whole 4-hour drive actually i was supposed to be the one driving but i was really shattered. you can't blame me i was up doing some nasty things. and by nasty things i mean doing a client's project. so basically when i woke we were in my grandmum's house already, when i got inside the house the first thing i saw was the sofa-bed so jumped on to it then went to a slumber. (don't judge i can be as lazy and as slow as a sloth) when i woke up everyone was on my grandmum's lawn having a chittychat and everyone had a smile on their faces which was nice to see. and guess what it was time to eat lunch! so i got up just in time! wasn't able to take pictures because my mobile's battery was empty and i was really enjoying the company. everyone was just talking and laughing and no one is holding their phones. which was really nice, the place was calming too because we were eating under the trees.

after lunch everyone decided to go spend time at a river nearby. when i was younger we used to go to this river every time we paid a visit to my grandmum's  and cry if we didn't. so going to the same river with my family was the highlight of this day, not just because i was with a good company, but this is actually the first time my siblings we're able to enjoy it too. we really had fun and i took a lot of videos during the trek. after and an hour or two we decided to go back to my grandmum's house and wash up and eat again.

after washing up, i didn't know that my aunt is going on a hour-drive to the city to buy some stuff and  appoint me to be her driver (i mean all my boy cousins were there, but they were all shattered). so i washed fast and dressed up fast. so on our way down to the city (because my grandmum's house is located on a mountain beside Mt. Apo!) it was the first time i've noticed the beautiful scenery (since i slept the whole trip) and how things changed since the last time i went to see my grandmum's house. the road were paved so it was a smooth drive! and the pine trees on the side of the road were really pretty! so pretty that i asked my aunt to take the wheel while i take a video of the road with pine trees! it was that pretty and perfect. and of course with the over looking view of "The Mt. Apo." so when we got to the city we went to buy groceries for my nana then went to buy fresh fish in the wet market. and of course we can't afford to miss go buy fastfood! so we wen't to this fast food chain called Jollibee, and i had a milk shake and a fries, then we headed back to my grandmum's house.

after dinner, we were all on my nana's lawn again and this time we dug a pit for the bonfire, it was nice because while others were chatting and sharing stories and sharing laughs i was the most burnt and patient one to make them smores my face was really burning because the sticks were too short which means i have to get really close to the the fire, but it was all fine, because i love the smell of mallows and firewood! so after the bonfire night everyone decided that it was time to go back home and by home i mean a 4-hour drive. so on our way home i was riding with my cousin and we chatted about food and started making fun of people. it was 12 midnight when we got home and we were all shattered. but my sister and i needed to wake early to do that surprise
! you know what they say! "better late than NEVER!" so we got up early the next day (for the record i'm not a morning person) and i cooked breakfast which were waffles, ham, and hotdogs, and i also prepared a freshly brewed coffee for my mum, then when everything was set i went back to bed and slept. i wasn't able to eat breakfast actually well i don't eat breakfast anyways.

so here's a video of that whole Mum's Day Getaway with Fambam...

Comments

Popular Posts