Found

Lived my life in the dark
befriending all the demons I hide
taming the monsters I keep inside.
I was broken no hope for salvation
reasoned pain for the wrong things I've done,
cared about no one.
Suffered enough to build this wall
Numbed myself from pain and all.

Lived my life in the light,
saw the world in black and white.
Believed everyone deserves better
even the hallowed and calloused ones. 
I'm a naive provincial girl,
left town to write myself a different story
 so sick of people telling me
I'm too young to make history.

You found me and lit up my sky
You saw my demons and never ran away
You stand there so brave chased all my problems away
 and swayed all my monsters that I could never slay.
I was dark for the better part of me
yet you stayed and thought we all deserved better
even I, the hallowed and calloused,
deserved better.
You found me in my deepest darkest day
and said without flinching "I'll stay".

I met you in your darkest day
you said I lit up your grey skies
but you saved me from the demons
I never knew I had
I knew I love you then,
not because I needed someone to save me
but I'm done pretending that what I feel for you
is some stupid frothy thing.
I tried to play it cool but the longer I stay,
the feeling's getting stronger,
Now I'm scared of letting go.
You found me when I thought I never needed saving
and you saved me from myself.

I love you and why shouldn't be that something good?
- We found love when we weren't supposed to be -



Comments

Popular Posts